Assumption University (www.assumption.edu) seeks nominations and applications for the position of Dean of the Grenon School of Business. Located within the University’s mission of Catholic liberal education, the Grenon School of Business aspires to accreditation by the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB). The Dean of the Grenon School of Business reports to the Provost/Academic Vice President and serves, together with the Deans of the D’Amour College of Liberal Arts and Sciences, the School of Graduate and Professional Studies, the Froelich School of Nursing, and the Dean of the School of Health Professions, as a member of the Deans Council.
Assumption University, located in Worcester, MA, is a comprehensive, Catholic liberal arts institution sponsored by the Augustinians of the Assumption. We awaken in students a sense of wonder, discovery, and purpose, forming graduates known for their intellectual seriousness, thoughtful citizenship, and devotion to the common good. Our curricular and co-curricular programs provide students with an education that shapes their souls, forms them intellectually, and prepares them for meaningful careers. We are a diverse community that welcomes different points of view and embraces all who share our mission. Enlivened by the Catholic affirmation of the harmony of faith and reason and by the pursuit of the truth in the company of friends, an Assumption education transforms the minds and hearts of students.
Role of the Dean
- Provides visionary leadership that roots the study of business in the context of Catholic liberal education
- Leads the process of seeking accreditation from the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB)
- Develops and implements a strategic planning process for the School and is accountable for the execution of the plan
- Supports activities designed to advance the mission and strategic plan of the University and the School
- Oversees all faculty within the School of Business including development, support and hiring and evaluation recommendations
- Fosters a culture of academic excellence, collaboration, and commitment to continuous improvement
- Leads diversity initiatives in the areas of hiring and inclusion
- Serves as a spokesperson and advocate for the School and senior administration
- Encourages a culture of mentoring and advising
- Prioritizes recruitment, retention, education, advancement, and the success of all students (undergraduate and graduate)
- Works closely with others across the institution to recruit and retain students in the Grenon School of Business
- Significant fundraising and other efforts to raise money to advance the School
- Creates and sustains a positive and welcoming work environment for faculty, staff, and administrators within the School
- Collaborates with other Deans, the Provost, Deans Council and other colleges and organizations (articulation agreements, clinical placements, employers, internships, etc.)
- Forges partnerships with businesses to provide educational programming, on or off campus, that meets the needs of employers.
- Directs activity of School administrative and other staff
- Must be enthusiastic about the University’s mission of Catholic liberal education, contributing to that mission, and show respect for its Catholic and Assumpionist identity
- Expertise in AACSB accreditation
- An earned doctorate or terminal degree (preferred)
- A track record of innovative, energetic, and collaborative leadership
- Commitment to academic excellence
- Scholarly engagement in a particular field of study
- Superb management, planning, and financial skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Outstanding listening skills
- Demonstrated commitment to diversity, inclusion and equity across students, faculty, and staff
- Experience with online learning, especially on the graduate level
Assumption University is being assisted by the partners of Hyatt-Fennell. Application materials should be submitted to assumption@Hyatt-Fennell.com. Applications include a letter of interest addressing the candidate’s qualifications and views of how the study of business can be enlivened by Catholic liberal education; current curriculum vitae; and contact information for five professional references. All applications and nominations will be considered highly confidential. Applications will be reviewed as they are received. The anticipated start date for the position is July 1.