The Board of Trustees of Cottey College (www.Cottey.edu) invites inquiries, nominations and applications for the position of President. As an innovative and forward-thinking leader, the President is responsible for providing strategic and entrepreneurial leadership to ensure continuation of the exemplary success in all academic and operational areas. As the College’s Chief Executive Officer, the President will build upon the solid foundation of the College, lead a financially strong and well–positioned independent, liberal arts and sciences college for women, be committed to women’s education, and be prepared to strategically build the future of Cottey. The President must effectively articulate the unique heritage and relationship of Cottey College and the P.E.O. Sisterhood.
The ideal candidate will:
- be a transformational and visionary leader with a commitment to women’s education
- demonstrate a commitment to preparing women leaders for a global society
- have the education preparation appropriate for a 21st-century college president or the equivalent business experience in managing sizable corporations
- have a proven ability to effectively select, support, delegate to, and hold accountable a group of professional colleagues
- be a relational leader with the ability to communicate effectively the College’s vision to all constituencies internally and externally
- have a business acumen and significant experience in financial oversight of a complex operation
- demonstrate a commitment to diversity and inclusivity
- demonstrate success in a fundraising role
- have experience in strategic planning
- have an understanding of the technological needs/emerging trends in higher education
Cottey is a four-year baccalaureate-granting, independent, women’s liberal arts and sciences college. Virginia Alice Cottey founded the College in 1884 with the firm belief that women deserved the same quality of education as men. She bequeathed the College to the P.E.O. Sisterhood in 1927, making it the only nonsectarian college owned and supported by women. The P.E.O. Sisterhood, a philanthropic educational organization of over 225,000 members, is dedicated to providing educational opportunities for women. The College is currently owned and supported by the P.E.O. Sisterhood. Located in Nevada, Missouri (pop. 9,000), the College is approximately 50 miles north of Joplin and 100 miles south of Kansas City. The campus occupies 14 buildings on 11 city blocks and a 33-acre wooded recreational area with a lodge. Cottey is one of the top employers of the area. The College boasts a residential student capacity of 350 women typically representing 40 states, Canada and 26 other countries and is ranked #4 among regional colleges in the Midwest.
Cottey College is being assisted by the partners of Hyatt-Fennell. Submit applications and nominations to Cheryl Hyatt or Robert Head at Cottey@hyatt-fennell.com. Applications will be reviewed as they are received and must be submitted prior to January 28, 2022 to receive full consideration. Applications should include a letter of interest, resume/cv and five professional references.