Siena Heights University (www.sienaheights.edu), seeks nominations and applications for the position of Director of Nursing. Reporting to the Vice President of Academic Affairs, the Director of the Nursing will provide leadership and administration for three nursing degree programs at Siena Heights University: a pre-licensure BSN, an RN to BSN, and an MSN program in Health Systems Leadership. The Director will be responsible for maintaining the on-going accreditation processes and reporting requirements.
Siena Heights University is a Catholic university founded in 1919 and sponsored by the Adrian Dominican Sisters. The mission is to assist people to become more competent, purposeful, and ethical through a teaching and learning environment which respects the dignity of all. Enrolling a diverse community of traditional-age and working adult students, Siena Heights is a coeducational institution accredited by the Higher Learning Commission that was founded in the liberal arts tradition, offering associate’s, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees.
- A willingness to support and integrate the Siena Heights University mission into all aspects of their work and the work of the Nursing Division.
- Maintain accreditation for the Nursing Programs.
- Provide leadership and support for collegiality, collaboration, and diversity among the faculty.
- Develop, maintain, and assess that the curricula are appropriate to the programs.
- Review the content and implementation of the philosophy, vision, and mission of the programs.
- Advise the Vice President for Academic Affairs, the Dean of Arts and Sciences and the Dean for Graduate and Professional Studies in matters of policy and administration related to the well-being and integrity of the nursing program.
- May be asked to participate in committees related to the Graduate College and the College for Professional Studies.
- Determine and oversee the processes for establishing clinical sites for the Nursing Program.
- Maintain good relations with the external community that supports and hires from the program.
- Work with Advancement on fund raising efforts for the Division.
- Represent the present and long-range needs of the program to the administration.
- Responsible for the oversight and management of the annual Nursing Program budget.
- Work with faculty and program coordinators to recruit, hire, orient, evaluate and develop faculty for the program.
- Be flexible and adaptable given the changing landscape of higher education.
- Be open to all modalities of teaching and learning.
- Possess an innovative spirit with an openness to change.
- Hold faculty and staff accountable for all aspects of their job.
- Maintain the quality of the faculty and the program into the future.
- Participate in marketing, recruiting, and advising students.
- Teach courses in the program as appropriate.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Hold (or obtain) registered nurse licensure in Michigan
- Hold a doctoral degree in nursing or a related field
- Have clinical nursing experience
- Have nursing education experience
DESIRABLE KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Successful administrative experience
- Experience with Board of Nursing and accreditation processes (CCNE Preferred)
- Experience with distance learning delivery
- Collaborative leadership abilities
Siena Heights University is being assisted by the partners of Hyatt-Fennell. Application materials should be submitted to sienaheightsnursing@Hyatt-Fennell.com. Applications include a letter of interest, a current curriculum vitae, and contact information for five professional references. All applications and nominations will be considered highly confidential. Applications will be reviewed as they are received.