Notre Dame College, is seeking a dynamic, visionary leader for our CCNE accredited baccalaureate nursing program in Cleveland, Ohio. The Director and Division Chair of Nursing serves as the chief administrative officer for the undergraduate Bachelor of Science in Nursing program and oversees the online RN to BSN program and the online MSN program. The successful candidate will have an opportunity to play a key role in expanding our nursing program, be student-focused with excellent interpersonal, communication, listening, and leadership skills while keeping aligned with Notre Dame College’s philosophy, mission, and vision. This position will report to the Provost.
The ideal candidate will have an earned doctorate (Ph.D. or DNP) from a regionally accredited institution; a Master’s degree in nursing; previous administrative experience; minimum of 5 years of practicing nursing as a registered nurse; minimum of 2 years teaching experience in a baccalaureate or higher degree nursing program; current, valid licensure as a registered nurse in Ohio; and experience with Ohio Board of Nursing, CCNE (or ACEN) accreditation.
- Record of scholarship and committed scholarship interests.
- Willingness to engage in limited classroom instruction to undergraduate and/or graduate nursing students.
- Provides opportunities for faculty and students to participate in the decision-making process.
- Represents the Nursing Program at local, regional, state and, if indicated, international meetings/conferences related to the profession.
- Initiates and fosters relationships with academic, community and health care partners to support Nursing Program initiatives and outcomes.
- Provides a mechanism for long-range planning for the Division of Nursing.
- Provides leadership in developing opportunities for building innovative educational programming.
Notre Dame is a Catholic, four-year liberal arts college, founded in 1922 by the Sisters of Notre Dame. The College offers graduate and undergraduate programs and has NCAA and intramural sports. Nestled on 48 scenic, wooded acres in a suburb just 25 minutes from Cleveland, Notre Dame College offers a blend of quiet campus life and big city adventure. Home to some of the country’s best restaurants, medical facilities, museums, sports teams, and amusement parks, Cleveland is an affordable city with major appeal.
Notre Dame College is being assisted by the partners of Hyatt-Fennell. Applications will be reviewed as they are received. Applications should include a letter of interest, resume/cv and five professional references submitted to Notredamecollege@hyatt-fennell.com.
Notre Dame College is an Equal Opportunity Employer.