Notre Dame of Maryland University (NDMU) is accepting applications for the position of Director of Financial Aid. Reporting to the Senior Vice President for Enrollment Management and Student Services, the Director of Financial Aid is responsible for the planning, organization and supervision of the financial aid department to administer federal, state, and institutional aid funds and services. The Director coordinates the creation and implementation of a strategic plan for the financial aid functional area at the University, in collaboration with the Senior Vice President for Enrollment Management and Student Services.
- Administering the system of application for and dissemination of, financial aid awards and services for traditional and non-traditional students attending the University;
- Coordinating financial aid efforts with other student services offices;
- Supervising and coordinating the efforts and initiatives of the financial aid office and its staff to provide information and answers to questions relating to financial assistance available to students enrolled at the University;
- Coordinating the interviews with students to obtain information needed to determine eligibility for aid;
- Coordinating and ensuring student eligibility for financial aid via student interviews, data, applications, etc. and appropriately documenting eligibility for audit purposes.
- Authorizing the release of funds to students and prepares required records and reports;
- Leading the development, implementation, monitoring, and revision of policies, procedures, and guidelines relating to the financial aid functional area and operational systems as required by funding agencies and the University;
- Assisting with the coordination of the financial aid student complaint and appeal procedures for the University and makes recommendations to the Senior Vice President for Enrollment Management and Student Services;
- Reviewing, maintaining and evaluating the budget for the financial aid functional area;
- Developing the program outcomes for the financial aid functional area, monitoring assessment of those outcomes, and developing plans of action for improvement based on the assessment of those outcomes;
- Working collaboratively with the enrollment management team to meet the enrollment and retention goals of the University by providing support for recruitment and retention strategies through the financial service delivery system;
- Assisting with the process for systematic review and evaluation of the financial aid functional area, including annual audits;
- Assuring policies, procedures, and practices are in compliance with state and federal laws and regulations, and the University’s goals and objectives.
The successful candidate will have:
- a Master’s degree and a minimum of ten (10) years of administrative experience in student financial aid programs in a college or university setting. Private higher education experience preferred;
- knowledge of need analysis and verification procedures, financial aid software, federal financial aid regulations, mainframe database experience, and managerial aptitude;
- knowledge of the financial aid functions and the administration of such functions;
- knowledge of principles and processes for delivering class-leading customer services, which includes student needs assessment, establishing quality standards and metrics for services, and the evaluation of customer satisfaction;
- working knowledge with Ellucian’s Colleague system, including writing rules, communications management, and identifying areas of improvement within the system;
- experience in organizing, developing, and implementing operational systems and writing guidelines in an educational setting;
- a high level of energy and a good sense of humor
About Notre Dame of Maryland University:
Notre Dame of Maryland University (NDMU) is a private, Catholic university established in 1895 with the mission to educate leaders to transform the world. NDMU offers a wide variety of full-time and part-time undergraduate, graduate, doctoral, and certificate programs. The University enrolls approximately 2,000 students and has Schools of Arts, Sciences and Business; Education; Nursing; and Pharmacy. Additionally, the University offers programs for adult students online and at several additional locations across the state. NDMU is located on a beautiful 60-acre wooded campus in the northern Baltimore, Maryland residential neighborhood of Homeland.
NDMU is being assisted by the partners of Hyatt-Fennell, Executive Search. Submit nominations and application materials to Cheryl Hyatt at NDM@hyatt-fennell.com, please specify the search in the subject line. Applications will be reviewed as they are received and include a letter of interest, a current résumé/cv, and contact information for five professional references, in separate documents. All applications and nominations will be considered highly confidential. Notre Dame of Maryland University is an EEO/AA employer.