Brenau University (www.brenau.edu), a comprehensive, private institution founded in 1878 in Gainesville, Georgia, is accepting applications for the position of Vice President for Marketing and Enrollment Management.
Brenau stands as a distinctive institution of higher learning and its unique name was coined from a blend of the German word brennen, meaning “to burn,” and aurum, the Latin word for “gold.” This name underscores Brenau’s singularity and forms the foundation of the university’s motto, “As Gold Refined by Fire.”
The University was established to provide much-needed educational opportunities for young women – a proud legacy that is foundational to who Brenau is today. Brenau is a diverse university community, with a 2022-23 unduplicated headcount of just over 3,200 students, that values service as the path to purpose and meaning, while serving first-generation students, military personnel/veterans and their families and international students. The Women’s College of Brenau University remains a cornerstone of the institution with signature programs and a residential experience designed to empower women to reach their full potential. Since 2015, Brenau has affirmed its commitment to The Women’s College with the completion of a new residence hall, sorority houses and a modern athletics park for championship-class women’s intercollegiate sports.
Co-educational since the 1970s, Brenau is a comprehensive, level VI university offering graduate and undergraduate programs for men and women at three locations in Gainesville, an instructional site in the Atlanta suburb of Norcross and online; online programming in 2022-23 made up 44% of total enrollments at Brenau. The University offers associate, bachelor, master, specialist and doctoral degrees; academic programs are delivered in all instructional modalities at all levels of attainment.
Traditionally focused on liberal arts education for much of its early history, Brenau offers 80-plus degree programs in four academic colleges focused on business and communication, education, fine arts and humanities and health sciences. A focus on expanding Brenau’s health sciences programs to meet the needs of the students and serve the community has led to a 75% increase in masters and doctoral program enrollment in Gainesville over the previous decade.
The goals of Brenau’s Strategic Plan: Approaching 2030 focus on student success, manageable growth and creating an environment that is both inclusive and inspirational. The Vice President for Marketing and Enrollment Management will play a vital role in one of the university’s most important goals: “managing growth to ensure a thriving future.”
Brenau University challenges students to live extraordinary lives of personal and professional fulfillment. As students pursue undergraduate and graduate degrees or non-degree programs at Brenau campuses and online, each prepares for a lifetime of intellectual accomplishment and appreciation of artistic expression through a curriculum enriched by the liberal arts, scientific inquiry and global awareness.
Brenau University will become a nationally recognized leader by empowering individuals from diverse backgrounds and equipping them for success through transformative experiences. With an enduring commitment to serve each student, Brenau will continue to pursue excellence while meeting the changing needs of our community and the world.
Developing, communicating and delivering strategic initiatives for increasing enrollment in the undergraduate school and the Sidney O. Smith Graduate School across all levels of degree attainment.
Developing, communicating and delivering strategic marketing initiatives promoting the institutional identity, including strategic management of the Brenau brand, website and social media accounts and enrollment opportunities at all levels of degree attainment.
- Provide oversight and management of marketing, admissions and financial aid departments.
- Must understand how to engage and attract the online, adult education student population for institutional stability.
- Develop financial aid strategies to maximize net revenue and ensure compliance.
- Engage and partner with academic leadership to analyze data and identify market opportunities for expansion and growth of existing programs and potential new ones.
- Create and sustain a data-driven strategic plan for enrollment growth that aligns with the university strategic plan.
- Establish strategic initiatives that provide innovative approaches to attract and enroll a diverse student body in both undergraduate and professional graduate degrees.
- Manage enrollment partners who provide lead generation and application services.
- Employ and harness data and technology to enhance enrollment outcomes.
- Create and maintain a culture of accountability and continuous improvement among the members of the enrollment and marketing team.
- Develop and manage marketing and enrollment management budgets that achieve strategic enrollment goals in line with the financial goals of the university.
- Assess feasibility of international opportunities and existing partnerships for viability and sustainability, in collaboration with Brenau’s Miller Institute for Global Education and English Language Institute.
- Develop marketing initiatives that sustain and support the comprehensive strategic plan.
- Engage and inform board committees to ensure trustees can exercise their fiduciary responsibilities.
Essential Skills, Experience and Knowledge
- Master’s degree in marketing, management, education or related field required, doctoral degree preferred.
- Minimum of five years’ experience at the vice presidential or assistant vice-presidential level at a doctoral level institution preferred.
- Critical and strategic thinking.
- Demonstrated commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion in higher education or experience working with and/or serving diverse populations.
- Collaborative perspective to engage departments and programs across campus.
- Experience developing and executing successful marketing, recruitment and enrollment strategies.
- Understanding of current and emerging marketing and enrollment techniques.
- Experience with financial aid modeling to balance student needs with institutional capacity.
- Organizational management and assessment skills.
- Demonstrated ability to develop professional staff.
Brenau University is being assisted by the search firm of Hyatt-Fennell, Executive Search Plus. Submit nominations and application materials to Brenau@hyatt-fennell.com. Applications will be reviewed as they are received and should be submitted prior to October 6, 2023, to receive full consideration. Applications include a letter of interest, a current resumé/CV, and contact information for five professional references, in separate documents. All applications and nominations will be considered highly confidential.
Brenau practices and believes in equal opportunity for all students, employees and job applicants. We do not discriminate on the bases of age, race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, military service, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law or ordinance. These protections extend to all conditions and privileges of employment, including, without limitation, to recruitment, hiring, compensation, benefits, transfers, promotions, discipline, and termination.