Newman University (www.newmanu.edu), a private, Catholic, liberal arts university is accepting nominations and applications for the position of Vice President for Enrollment Management. The Vice President for Enrollment Management (VPEM) will serve as the primary student recruitment strategist of the University and will provide leadership in developing enrollment goals based on strategic analysis of market research, student success, program-specific needs, institutional capacity, and available resources. The Vice President will monitor trends in the economy and in the increasingly competitive educational marketplace. The Vice President will take the lead in meeting net tuition revenue objectives, continuing to improve retention and graduation rates, and enhancing the University’s visibility and market position. The Vice President will work with colleagues to attract, enroll, and retain a highly accomplished and diverse student body committed to the values and mission of Newman University. The main campus is located in Wichita, Kansas, the largest metropolitan center of the state, with sites in Southwest Kansas, Southeast Kansas, Colorado, and Oklahoma.
The VPEM serves on the President’s Cabinet and serves as primary liaison to the Board of Trustees’ Enrollment Management Committee. The VPEM leads the Directors of Undergraduate and Graduate Admissions and the Director of Financial Aid. The VPEM utilizes best practices and resources to engage prospective students and continuously build, lead, and assess recruitment outreach and communications. The Vice President collaborates with academic, athletic, financial, student life, and student services departments to develop and implement a comprehensive enrollment management plan.
The VPEM is an active member of the Newman Community and contributes to a work environment that encourages knowledge of, respect for, and development of skills to engage with people from many faiths, cultures, or backgrounds. The VPEM will articulate and connect the work of the Enrollment Management department with the Newman University mission, engaging in the responsibility to help prepare students to transform the world inspired by Catholic Social Teachings as exemplified by the Newman University sponsors, the Adorers of the Blood of Christ.
- Develop data-driven recruitment plans to drive recruitment, enrollment, retention, and graduation of students across all Newman degree programs.
- Monitor, analyze, and evaluate programs, practices, and policies that impact Newman’s ability to achieve strong recruitment, enrollment, retention, and graduation of students in all Newman degree programs.
- Develop a competent, knowledgeable, energetic and effective recruiting team that promotes the mission of the University.
- Lead the Admissions and Financial Aid staffs by providing vision, coaching, and direction.
- Work with colleagues to plan financial aid strategies that will maximize yield and net revenue.
- Disseminate strategic information on prospective students to appropriate departments.
- Work closely with the Athletic Director, University Vice Presidents, and academic program directors to drive undergraduate enrollment.
- Work effectively with Vice Presidents and program directors to drive enrollment in adult, outreach, and graduate programs.
- Work with the chair and members of the Enrollment Management Committee of the Board of Trustees to provide accurate and timely enrollment information to the Board.
- Develop and maintain positive, collaborative relationships with board members, faculty, staff, students, and alumni.
- Collaborate with appropriate internal groups (e.g. athletics, academic affairs, marketing, and student life) to enhance student retention strategies.
- Graduate degree with at least 5 years progressive experience in enrollment management positions.
- Experience in admissions, recruiting, retention, financial aid, budget management, and supervision.
- Ability to communicate effectively in oral and written form.
- Strong leadership, planning, and management skills with the ability to build team cohesiveness among a broad constituency.
- Skilled with Microsoft office software and other Admission software programs such as Slate.
- Excellent preparation, analysis, and understanding of the meaning of complex data sets and predictive analytics.
- Ability to evaluate return on investment of vendors.
- Ability to simplify and explain complex concepts in a simple and influential way.
- Ability to bring together quantitative and human resources for effective problem solving.
Newman University is being assisted by the search firm of Hyatt-Fennell, Executive Search Plus. Nominations and applications should be submitted to Cheryl Hyatt or Jann Weitzel at firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications include a focused cover letter, a resume/CV, and contact information for 5 professional references. Applications should be submitted prior to March 8, 2024, to receive full consideration. Applications and nominations will be considered highly confidential.
Newman University is committed to hiring faculty and staff members that reflect the diversity of our region and to providing equal opportunities to all applicants and employees, according to all applicable equal opportunity and affirmative action laws, directives, and regulations of federal, state, and local governing bodies and agencies.