Vice President for Institutional Advancement
Tougaloo College (www.tougaloo.edu) is accepting nominations and applications for the position of Vice President for Institutional Advancement. The Vice President for Institutional Advancement (VPIA) serves as a member of the President’s Cabinet and is the Chief Advancement/Development Officer of the College. The VPIA provides strategic direction and leadership for the division and for supporting, developing and directing staff towards meeting fundraising goals and improving outreach and increasing visibility of the College locally, regionally and nationally. The Vice President for Institutional Advancement is responsible for major gifts, planned giving, annual fund, advancement services, sponsored programs and research, alumni relations, corporate and foundation relations, special events, communications, marketing, and public relations.
The successful candidate will have:
- a Master’s degree and ten or more years in successful fundraising for an institution/organization (non-profit experience preferred)
- a team oriented and proactive management style that results in effective decision making and attention to detail
- the ability to hold staff accountable for performance goals
- the ability to act effectively as a leader and as a team member
- strong organizational and strategic instincts
- the ability to follow-up with staff and volunteers
- the ability to work in a fast paced environment
- demonstrated superior oral and written communication skills
- a level of high energy and integrity
- the ability to multi-task, manage time effectively, and work independently
- the ability to make sound judgements, be flexible, and formulate clear policies
Tougaloo College is a private, co-educational, historically black four-year liberal arts, church-related, but not a church-controlled institution. The College sits on 500 acres of land on West County Line Road on the northern edge of Jackson, Mississippi. The Amistad created the American Missionary Association, through which Tougaloo College and her five sister institutions were built. Tougaloo College has 550 undergraduate, 150 early college students, and 100 graduate students and 29 majors/programs.
The Vice President for Institutional Advancement will expand philanthropic support by raising a minimum of $2.5 million and increasing partnerships with corporation and foundations to improve philanthropic giving. Reporting to this position are the Director of Development, the Director of Annual Giving, the Director of Advancement, Community & Donor Relations, and the Scholarship Coordinator of Donor Funds.
Tougaloo College is being assisted by the search firm of Hyatt-Fennell, Executive Search Plus. Nominations and application materials should be submitted electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications will include a letter of interest, a current résumé/cv, and contact information for five professional references. Applications will be reviewed as they are received and should be submitted by May 31, 2023, to receive full consideration. All applications and nominations will be considered highly confidential. Tougaloo College is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Interested in this position?