Mount Aloysius College seeks nominations and applications for the position of Major Gifts Officer (MGO). Reporting to the Vice President for Institutional Advancement, the Major Gifts Officer will develop long-term philanthropic relationships with an assigned group of donors and prospects (using the Moves Management system), with the ultimate goal being to solicit these individuals for a major gift to the College. The Major Gift Officer will be responsible for identification of potential donors and the development of prospect research, cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship strategies.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
○ Broad knowledge of principles and practices of institutional advancement and major gift fundraising.
○ Ability to:
■ work effectively with the campus community and external customers.
■ work independently and as a member of a team.
■ provide leadership in gift solicitation.
■ recruit, motivate and encourage volunteers.
■ listen effectively to discern donors’ interests and concerns.
■ expand and maintain relationships with relevant stakeholders in the philanthropic community,
donors, and peers
○ Able to represent the College to key prospects and at key events in defined geographic areas.
○ Pursues appropriate professional development opportunities so as to raise the awareness of
and enhance the image of the Institutional Advancement Office.
○ Provides verbal and written reports on work-related activities as required.
○ Works as an active and integral member of the Institutional Advancement Team by sharing
information and assisting team members as needed to advance the objectives of the